Join our Volunteer Team!
Mixed Precipitation relies on a community of dozens of volunteers to support our performances and prepare amazing food. We’re always looking for more helping hands! As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Meet all the awesome people working on this creative project
- Help keep the picnic operetta accessible to everyone
- Eat delicious fresh food from local farms and gardens
- Learn cooking tips and new terms of kitchen profanity
- Attend exclusive networking parties
- Get a t-shirt and a warm, fuzzy feeling free of charge!
WHAT VOLUNTEERS DO
KITCHEN NINJA (3-6pm Fridays, 10am-1pm weekends)
Our canapés are looking for a few good make-up artists! Learn with Chefs Nick and Chris how to craft the canapé while you roll, stuff, spread and garnish your way across our theatrically-charged menu.
PERFORMANCE HAND (6-8pm Fridays, 3-5pm weekends)
Plate courses of opera-inspired edibles during the show.
GARDEN USHER (5:30-9pm Fridays, 2:30-6pm weekends, with a break to see the operetta)
Welcome audiences to new green spaces, take a seat yourself and watch the performance, and afterward help clean up.
STRIKE ALLSTAR (8-10pm Fridays, 5-7pm weekends)
Clean up the aftermath of shows to restore gardens to their pristine condition.
Contact volunteer coordinator Ari Edes: firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-809-8277.